pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

[discussion] THE TALE OF "HOW I WOULD LIKE TO KILL DISQUS, AND WHY IT WON'T DIE!?"


So.
I was a novice when i first started this blog, the most i did before that was read other people blogs and admire their blog designs.

So first thing i did was Google things up. Like how to center your blog title or how to put a picture in stead of text (simple things like that) and i found helpful staff, and i found less helpful staff, but in the end i managed to get a desirable effect within the limits of my knowledge and learning skills.


Among other things a lot of fellow blogger recommended replacing your Blogger Comments with Disqus.
No problem i did that also. And it worked for a while.
Until i decided to change my blog design.

I didn't noticed immediately. I re-designed the blog, placed everything where i wanted and started commenting.
After a while i realized the comments exist on Desqus but not on my Blogger, and whenever i re-sync them a message would pop-up in my mail that i have a problem syncing (no shit!). And it became a drag, so i decided ill remove the Disqus comment form and just use plain old Blogger Comments (they are not the most elegant but they work just fine).
So i did just that - removed Discuss from the layout and deleted the account.

And here is where the real drag starts.
Once i removed Disqus there was no comment box on my blog. Non-what-so-ever.

I thought that it might be the blogger template. I changed that - it didn't work.
I thought it might be a little modifying i did on the HTML. I changed that also - it didn't work.

I searched forums and blogs about tech help, Whatever i tried i couldn't for the love of me fix the Blogger Comments.


So i made a new account on Disqus and put it on my blog again.
And its there and whenever somebody writes me a comment a mail pops in my inbox to tell me that there is a syncing problem (again, no shit Desqus!) .

So i'm just seating here, steaming whit annoyance and no idea what to do next...
FML!

1 comment:

  1. :) no worries i just felt like complaining that's all!

    ReplyDelete

We are very delighted to see your comment on our page!
Please feel free to say whatever you think about our post (even when your opinion doesn't matches ours).